The IoD-09 (Internet of Displays) series is a range of miniature display modules Designed and Manufactured by 4D Systems.
The IoD-09 modules feature a full colour 0.9” TFT LCD display. They are powered by the WiFi enabled ESP8266, which offers an array of functionality and options for any Designer / Integrator / User.
The IoD-09 modules can be easily programmed using 4D Systems Workshop4 IDE or the Arduino IDE installed with the ESP8266 core.
The feature-rich 4D Systems GFX4dIoD09 library enables speedy development of applications by providing extensive primitive graphics functions, enhanced graphics via Workshop4, SD card access, and much more, all integrated into a single library.
The on-board SD card socket enables the use of FAT16 or FAT32 formatted cards for extensive storage capabilities.
The IoD-09 modules feature 12 pads, 6 on each end, for easy and simple connection to an application or mother board, or for connecting to accessory boards for a range of functionality advancements.
The IoD-09TH features Through Hole (TH) pads with male pin headers mounted, and the IoD-09SM features Surface Mount (SM) pads.
This range of modules has been designed to minimise the impact of display related circuitry, and provide a platform suitable for integration into a product.
The IoD-09 modules can act as master or slave devices, they can be effortlessly connected to the internet, can display a raft information and graphics, along with the capability to communicate to SPI, I2C, and/or 1-wire devices, as well as having general GPIO for digital control/input.
Information about the IoD-09 Display Modules
- Powerful Intelligent LCD-TFT display module powered by the Espressif ESP8266 SoC.
- 80 x 160 Resolution, RGB 65K true to life colours, TFT Screen.
- Built in WiFi suitable for ‘Internet of things’ applications.
- 802.11 b/g/n/e/i support
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- WiFi 2.4 GHz, supporting WPA/WPA2 and WEP/TKIP/AES, along with STA/AP/STA+AP/P2P operation modes
- 4Mbit (512kb) of Flash memory for User Application Code and Data.
- 128Kb of SRAM of which 80kb is available for the User.
- 12 pin/pad interface, for all signals, power, communications and programming.
- On-board microSD memory card connector for multimedia storage and data logging purposes.
- DOS compatible file access (FAT16 or FAT32 format).
- Display full colour images, animations, and icons.
- 4.0V to 5.5V range operation (single supply).
- Module dimensions: (TH version) 31.8 x 16.4 x 11.7mm / (SM version) 37.0 x 16.4 x 5.9mm.
- Weight: (TH / SM) ~5 g.
- RoHS, REACH and CE compliant.
The SK-IoD-09TH includes the following items:
If you are a first time user and just beginning your development, we strongly recommend purchasing this Starter Kit as it includes additional items that allow you to get started with your development immediately.
ESP8266 WiFi Information